September 18 – 12, 2011
-Certificate Program in Personal and Organizational Branding-
- Real Time Communications: How to Get the Most Out of Social Media and Digital Marketing
- A Personal – Professional Brand: Building Your Brand, Aligning It With Your Organizations’ Brand and Managing It Towards Win-Win Outcomes
Special two day session by Wells Fargo: Thinking Outside The Box
June 10 -14, 2011
-Certificate Program in Nonprofit Growth Leadership-
- Social Media Marketing: Participants learned how to initiate an internet marketing campaign leveraging social media resources and how social media plays a role in building chamber communities.
- Membership Development
- Budgeting and Finance: This course is designed to provide very practical and fundamental aspects to accounting and budgeting to assist managers in analyzing departmental revenues and expenses and how to create a budget.
- What is my Nonprofit’s Tax Status and Why Does it Matter?
March 27 – 28, 2011
-Certificate Program in Nonprofit Lobbying and Advocacy-
- Understanding How Government Works: This participatory session examined the role of the various levels of government (federal, state and local), and the role that each arena plays in enriching and regulating the lives of its citizenry.
- Make the Most of Meetings with Legislators: Insights from a Staffer turned Advocate
Long Beach, CA
February 16 – 20, 2011
-Certificate Program in Nonprofit Organization Management-
- Strategic Planning/Plan of Work: This session focused on the methodologies of the planning process for local Hispanic chambers of commerce.
- Wells Fargo Service Presentation: Wells Fargo’s Hispanic Initiatives and Small Business Services, and Procurement/Certification
- Marketing Concepts and Strategies for Nonprofit Organizations: This course introduced marketing concepts and strategies to nonprofit managers typically thought to apply only in the for-profit sector.
- Organizational Evaluation: Nonprofit organizations are attempting to respond to the increasing call for demonstrating program effectiveness. This workshop helped nonprofit leaders and managers prepare their organizations to have their programs evaluated with regard to leadership, organizational culture, resources, structures and organizational context.
- Wells Fargo Service Presentation: Community Development Resources & Hands on Banking
- Successfully Engaging Volunteers: Volunteers are valuable resources, and if efficiently and effectively engaged in your organization, can contribute multiple benefits to your organizations. This session draws from the three R’s – recruitment, retention and recognition and will encompass a framework that will help organizations incorporate volunteers into their goals, objectives and mission.